Governor Haley Barbour
BGR Group stands out among Washington, D.C.-based firms with its robust bipartisan state and local government relations offering. BGR’s State and Local Advocacy team is experienced in designing, implementing, and executing multi-state advocacy campaigns, including direct lobbying, recruiting local partners, and maximizing participation in state and local government associations to achieve a client’s goals.
As Democratic and Republican-led states take divergent approaches to policy priorities, BGR employs a bipartisan, team-oriented approach to advocate on complex issues at the state and local levels. These include decisions impacting economic development, transportation and infrastructure, health care and drug pricing, technology, education, workforce training, energy and environmental standards, cybersecurity, and public safety. Through tailored advocacy strategies, our team offers a wide variety of client services including:
- Legislative and Executive Lobbying;
- Passing and Defeating Legislation;
- Building Client Reputational and Brand Awareness;
- Negotiating State and Local Incentives;
- Issue Monitoring and Policy Analysis;
- Local Coalition Development and Lobbyist Management;
- Political Intelligence and Fundraising;
- Activating State and Local Support to Drive Federal Advocacy Efforts;
- Western Governors Association (WGA).